Jezeel has developed extensive experience in a broad range of corporate and commercial matters and brings strategic thinking to his vibrant transactional and regulatory practice. Jezeel advises local and overseas clients in all aspects of debt-financing, investing and divestiture transactions, including cross border lending and security arrangements. He also assists entities with financial regulatory, corporate and tax advice as well as industry specific regulatory due diligence and compliance.
Jezeel is the lead Associate for the non-contentious aspects of our Aviation, Shipping & Maritime and the Special Economic Zones Practice Groups. He also speaks French.
Bonds and Loan Arrangements
- Acting for the Issuer in relation to US$1.5 billion senior secured note offering and its Jamaican subsidiaries, as guarantors.
- Acting for the Issuer of US$1 billion senior secured notes and its Jamaican subsidiaries, as guarantors.
- Acting for the Borrower and its Jamaican subsidiaries, as guarantors, in relation to a US$800 million financing arrangement.
- Acting for the Issuer in relation to a bond offering of tranches up to US$285 million.
- Acting for the Borrower and its Jamaican subsidiaries, as guarantors, in relation to US$200 million revolving credit facility.
- Acting for the Issuer in a US$185 million bond offering.
- Acting for the Borrower and its Jamaican subsidiaries, as guarantors, in relation to US$75 million Letters of Credit Facility, as guarantors.
Major Mergers & Acquisitions/Divestitures
- Acting for the vendor and its Jamaican subsidiary in US$1.2 billion sale of one of its lines of businesses.
- Acting for the vendor in the sale of US$500M revenue per annum business as a going concern.
- Playa Hotels & Resorts B.V.: Team Member, acting for the company in the US$310M acquisition of all-inclusive resort properties as a going concern and the US$60M sale of two all-inclusive resort properties as a going concern.
- Grace Kennedy Financial Group Limited: Team Member, represented the company in its acquisition of the shares in Scotia Insurance Eastern Caribbean Limited from Scotia Insurance Company Limited.
- Trinidad and Tobago Unit Trust Corporation: assisted the company in having its related entity registered as an investment advisor in Jamaica and establishing its joint venture arrangements with GK Capital Management Limited for the distribution of mutual funds in Jamaica.
- Goodwill Gaming Enterprise Limited and Summit Betting Company Limited: Team Member, provided regulatory advice to obtain regulatory approval to commence lottery operations.
- Assisted with the transition of 11 of the largest industry players from the free zone regime to the special economic zone regime, in over 13 SEZs.
Major Shipping & Maritime
- Acted for the Charterer in the negotiation of an International Charter Agreement and an Operation and Service Agreement in relation to a floating storage and regasification unit.
- Acting for the vendor in the US$4M spot sales of fuel to purchaser.
- Provided regulatory advice to owners of super yachts.
- Secured ship mortgages in excess of US$500M over Jamaican flagged vessels and issuing opinions to lenders in relation to the same.
Embassy of France in Jamaica, Avocat Conseil
Alliance Française de la Jamaïque
ST. George’s College Hall of Fame
Commercial Law Committee of The Jamaican Bar Association
Member & Convenor
EORO FOUNDATION LIMITED
Pinto Mullings Foundation Limited
The Arts Foundation of the Edna Manley College