Litrow Hickson joined the firm in 2016 and is an Associate in our Litigation Department. He is an experienced litigator who has appeared as lead or co-counsel at all levels of the court system in Jamaica, including the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council. He is a skilled attorney who is relied on by clients for sound legal advice in dispute resolution matters, having represented clients in numerous sectors, including several of the island’s leading financial institutions.
Sagicor Bank Jamaica Ltd v Taylor-Wright (Jamaica)  3 All ER 1039
Successful appeal by our client, Sagicor Bank Jamaica Limited, to the Privy Council in which the Board re-instated a summary judgment order in our client’s favour and clarified the court’s jurisdiction on summary judgment applications.
National Commercial Bank Jamaica Limited v Lamech M E Gooden  JMCA Civ 11.
Successful procedural appeal overturning a costs order made in the court below against our client, National Commercial Bank Jamaica Limited.
Sagicor Bank Jamaica Limited v Harley Corporation Guarantee Trust Company Limited  JMCA Civ 36
An appeal overturning the refusal of a summary judgment application made by our client in the court below.
National Commercial Bank Jamaica Limited v Sylvia Steens  JMCA Civ 7
Successful appeal by our client, National Commercial Bank Jamaica Limited, against a decision in the court below which found the Bank vicariously liable for giving negligent investment advice.
phoenix Printery Limited v Ashcar Printing Solutions Limited  JMCC Comm 11
Obtained judgment in the Supreme Court in our client’s favour against its agent for misappropriation of millions of dollars under an Agency Agreement
Other Major Cases:
Lead and Team Member
- Enforcement of foreign judgments in Jamaica
- Successfully resisted injunction application in breach of contract and copyright infringement case – Lead Counsel
- Successful application to annul certificate of assignment in bankruptcy in the context of enforcement proceedings (Sagicor Bank Jamaica Limited v Taylor-Wright, Marvalyn et al  JMSC Civ 110)
- Obtained multi-million-dollar settlement in client’s favour following a successful summary judgment application regarding damage to vessel equipment
- Representation of disciplinary tribunal in appeals against its decisions
Master of Laws, University of Toronto (2022)
Rotman@Law Certification in Pre-MBA Courses – Financial Accounting, Foundations in Finance, and Quantitative Reasoning for Managers, University of Toronto (Rotman School of Management & Faculty of Law)
Legal Education Certificate, Norman Manley Law School
Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours), University of the West Indies
JamaicaN Bar Association
Kiwanis Club of Young Professionals Kingston